To be considered for admission into the Secondary Education & Special Education Mild/Moderate Grades 6-12 program, you must meet the following admission requirements:
- General admission requirements of the Graduate School.
- Passing score on the Praxis II Secondary Education Subject-Specific Content Exam in the area of concentration.
3 letters of recommendation:
- Candidates for admission who are currently working as teachers must have letters of recommendation from an appropriate school official who has direct professional knowledge of the candidate's skills and potential.
- Candidates for admission who are not currently working as teachers must have letters of recommendation from a non-relative, who has direct knowledge of the candidate's potential for success as a graduate level student and a working professional. Employers and previous university/college faculty are examples of appropriate sources.
- Additional recommendations may be requested to support candidacy if determined necessary by program admission committee.
- Statement of purpose.
All prospective graduate students should contact the graduate school to apply for the program in Secondary Education & Special Education Mild/Moderate Grades 6-12. Learn more about Application Information.
In addition to the admission requirements, all students must successfully complete the following requirements to graduate in the Secondary Education & Special Education Mild/Moderate Grades 6-12 program:
- Satisfactory completion of all required course work within the timelines and at the grade levels established by Graduate School policies.
- Submit passing scores for the Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) and the Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7–12 (5624).
- Satisfactory completion of the MAT Special Education Portfolio.