Critical courses are courses that inhibit your progress in the program if you do not earn a "C" or better in these courses. These courses have been defined as critical courses by the Louisiana Board of Regents.
The following are critical courses for all concentration areas in Secondary Education and Teaching.
- ENGL 101-Introduction to Academic Writing
- EDCI 100-Orientation to Teacher Education
- First Math course required in curriculum
- EDFL 106-Introduction to Education
NOTE: You must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA to continue in your curriculum after this semester.
- Second Math course required in curriculum
- ENGL 102-Writing/Research Culture
- First Science course required in curriculum
NOTE: You must have an ACT Composite of 22 or higher OR passing scores for all 3 parts on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics and a cumulative 2.5 GPA to continue in your curriculum after this semester.